Sunday, June 1, 2008

Updates for everyone

Well, not much happens out here in the middle of nowhere but within the last week alot has happened! Here is our family update...

Diesel - We are proud to announce that Diesel is an AKC Good Citizen! He passed his test with flying colors yesterday afternoon. We were worried beause he has to do everything OFF lead (w/ out the 'bad boy collar') and when he isnt on that he usually doesnt listen so well. He did amazing and he will be getting his certifiate in the mail shortly. He also obviously passed his Advanced Obedience Class. He's also mellowing out some. We took him to meet his newest cousin, Riley. (My aunt Julie's new dog, he is a few days older than Diesel). They had a good time playing on Friday afternoon, while we had a good visit.



Donavon - He was at Ft. Carson, Colorado last week for his promotion board. We had about a week's notice and about a 2" pile of study guides for him to learn before hand. I quized him a little bit on our trip to Coeur D'Alene, but probably not as much as I should have. He went to the board on Tuesday morning and scored a 144/150. He was also the only one going for Staff Sergeant. So now he is E5 promotable and hoping the promotion points drop a little bit so he can be promoted on July 1. We also found out that he will be attending BCNOC (Basic Non-comissioned Officiers Course) July 11th-31st. Yup, that's Eleasa's birthday (AGAIN), and our 1 year Anniversary.... It was either go in July or go in August and potentially miss the birth of his son. He was able to do his orientation while he was down there so that he wont have to report July 3rd, like he should be but he will show up the 11th instead. I'm glad they were able to work with us a little bit on that.

While down there he was able to talk to some people about his Korea situation and we have a few people working on it right now. Hopefully they can get him out of it and we will know shortly. I definitely dont want to be waiting until I'm in labor & delivery to get the phone call.


Eleasa - well no word yet on the job front.... pretty tired of sitting and waiting. On the upside, I was offered another job w/ the Child & Youth Services. Its only flex hours and lower pay but I figure worst case scenario, something is better than nothing. So if for some reason I dont get my job w/ the new company that is taking over (C. Martin) then I guess I will accept that other job. Nothing else is really new, I've got an updated belly picture for everyone. I'm officially 6 months now and down to double digits. I was pretty excited about that the other day. I've got a Dr. Appt on Friday and have to do my Glucose test... FUN! We also went to register at Babies R'Us on Friday and their registry was down nationwide. They told me I could go scan everything but there was no promise it would load when I was done. I called back on Saturday and the same story. So hopefully by NEXT Friday it will be working because I'd really like to register!!!!! GRR!! I was pretty diappointed and bummed out I couldnt do it.

Well its a gorgeous day and I'm itching to get out there! Both my boys are asleep so I think its time to wake them up and go on a nice long walk around Post. We're having Salmon for dinner, YUM!!! Lets just hope I dont get sick... HAHAHA (its a family thing....)

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Cute belly picture! I like your shirt. :) You've gotten bigger since the pics I saw that mom took of you when they were in St. George. That picture of Diesel with his mouth wide open is funny, looks like he's smiling. Getting excited for the camping trip. We planned out meals, etc. last night. I think you guys are doing a breakfast with Ryan and Stevie. Are you guys just meeting us at the campground or are you coming to Seattle first? Bummer about the Babies R Us thing. I would've been hacked!

Danielle said...

I like the pic of Diesel smiling. Funny! and cute belly!!