As some of you know we've been trying to get Donavon out of his orders to Korea; especially now that there is a baby on the way. So far we have had no luck with getting the orders deleted. We found out last week that his request to have the orders deleted was denied - however they gave him an extension until December instead of October and said that he could submit for his family to come since he's gained rank. SOOO - good news; he wont be leaving right after I pop this baby out and I wont have to be packing the house while I'm in labor and then getting in the U-Haul after I give birth to move myself to Seattle. AND, if he does have to go to Korea sounds like mommy & baby can go too (Diesel probably not :( ). Bad news; its Korea and the orders werent deleted, and from what we have seen on the internet where we could live NO PETS ALLOWED. No Diesel? But he's so cute and furry and friendly AND he's an AKC good citizen!!! Sad times.... Oh and it would be for 2 years not 1 year.
We've decided to start working on getting the sponsorship to have Eleasa & Issac go too - and we will give it 1 more month of trying to weasel our way out of it - there is one last hopeful trick, we just have to get the ok to contact the person (the whole chain of command thing). So if in a month no such luck, sounds like we're moving. At least I can rest knowing I'll probably get to go too w/ the baby even though it breaks my heart knowing I probably couldnt take my doggie. He's definitely one of the family and I'd love to take him with!
So thats our update on that in case some of you were wondering. Seems as if people are always asking... so there ya have it!
3 comments:
Wow, that sounds like it could be a fun experience. Too bad you have to leave Diesel home. I love dogs!
So, who will get Diesel?
If you end up heading to Korea, I'll help you get in touch with Rob's cousin. He was in the marines (he actually just left to work at the embassy in Cyprus) for several years and he and his family of 5 little kids have lived all over the place. I think their longest stint was a few years in Japan. His wife Amy is a sweetie and I am sure she could give you some perspective on what to expect, etc., especially with kids.
Post a Comment