Saturday, June 21, 2008

VISITORS!!!!

Well, we just had our 3rd visitors come to Dugway. Yup third, but technically 4th-ish. Eleasa's parents came to stay a night right after we were married for the open house that was in Salt Lake, and then Donavon's parents came one night real quick for dinner and Eleasa's Aunt Julie came out one afternoon to visit while she was still unemployed and lonely.

Eleasa's Grandma Elyse had been wanting to get out to Dugway on one of her Utah trips but last time it didnt work out so this time we figured out a day and she came out w/ Aunt Julie & Uncle Jim. We had a nice visit - took them on the 'tour of Dugway (English Village)' which lasted a whole whopping 5 minutes, stopped off for some fine dining at the one and only eatery, Subway. Unfortunately since its the weekend the 'club' was closed so Subway is the only place unless you want a stale hot dog from the gas station.

After lunch we came back to the house and sat and visited and enjoyed some homemade ice cream. Last night we FINALLY made some ice cream w/ our KitchenAid Ice Cream attatchment We got it as a wedding gift from Eleasa's Aunt Mary but kept forgetting to put it in the freezer. We made chocolate ice cream and put some Andes Mints in it - pretty good. Personally it could have used some more chocolate flavoring than what the recipe called for.

Its kinda nice to have people come see us instead of driving all the way to SLC to see everyone. Everyone complains its such a long drive, gas is expensive, yada yada. Well HELLO - its not like we teletransport ourselves to SLC every weekend to see you! It costs us a couple hundred each weekend we go in and well, that has added up to A LOT!!! I look at my pay stubs and think 'where did all that money go?!' oh ya... gas and food in SLC every weekend :( I guess I should just make a sign that says 'will work for gas' right? I'm sure many people are thinking the same thing these days! My whole entire paycheck I just got will be going to our Seattle trip for gas but I dont really seem to have a problem with it because I get to see MY family for once. I never get to go home!! It drives me nuts!

I'm hoping that if we do stay at Dugway for a little bit longer we will have more visitors in the future - but I doubt it. Not even after the baby comes. Within the last year we have been married we have had 4 visitors - and people from church or the neighborhood dont count! Last time we checked its a 2 lane road.....

We're so glad we had visitors today! It was wonderful! More people should come see us!!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I need to head out there. Maybe it could be a summer roadtrip for the kids. Rob probably couldn't come but the yahoos and I will get it on the calendar. Be thinking of some ideas and we will chat when you get back from Sea-Town!