Wednesday, December 23, 2009

She's here!

A few weeks ago I ordered this beauty and it just came to the door. I love it!
Polka Dot Door Boutique / Hero On My Arm is a Military Spouse owned company that makes purses and accessories out of uniforms. I sent in one of Donavon's uniforms that he wore while he was in Iraq and some fabric that I liked and here it is! I also had special name tapes made in pink. Under the ribbon there is a rank patch that you cant see in this picture. I also had a 'Army Wife' tape made to switch out with 'Household 6'.
I looooove it!
What is Household 6 you ask? I had a feeling you'd want to know... according to the urban dictionary 'household 6' is....
"A military man's stay-at-home wife. Sometimes keeps up with the arduous tasks of shining boots, picking up laundry, and shopping, but mostly just a strain on meager Department of Defense budgets, and the military husband. The name is derived from where said wife spends most of her time, and the number 6 is the designation for a commander of a Company/Troop, Battalion/Squadron, Brigade/Regiment, Division or Corps. "
I suppose its a military term of endearment.
Merry Christmas to me!

No comments: