Tuesday, April 5, 2011

31 going on 27?

Happy birthday Donavon!

Today is, or was Donavon's 31st Birthday! He claims that he's still 27 and will be until I catch up with him, then he'll start aging with me. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, sorry dude.

After he got home from work we made a frantic dash to Cookie Cutters to get Issac's hair cut. I've scheduled newborn photos for Thursday with Katie and I'm praying really hard that Issac will be cooperative and will take some with her. After his last butch job from one of the girls there I've been letting it grow out. Come to find out, the guy who does an excellent job on Issac's hair isn't working again until Friday. Crap-o-la. He happened to have 1 appointment before they closed. Whew. Disaster diverted. Sorry Donavon!

After Issac's hair cut we stopped by a 'new' place in Saratoga Springs on the way home. This little BBQ place opened up awhile ago but we just haven't been. One of Donavon's coworkers husband works there and they rave about it. We gave it a shot. Not bad. The meat was great. The sides... not so much.

After dinner we came home and the kids gave Donavon his presents. Earlier I helped Issac paint some pictures, and even Katie participated. Donavon got a gift card for a massage since every time he asks for one I groan and give the lamest massage ever. He also got a 5 pack of cadbury eggs, his favorite Easter candy. Oh and a bunch of cash stashed in his hunting fund for September's elk hunt in Idaho. I guess we cant forget the cupcakes either, his favorite treat. I made him a batch before we had to run out the door to Katie's 2 week check up, and frosted them during "nap time" that didn't happen today.

Here are some pictures of this evening, and earlier of Issac getting his creativity on!













Just want to add that I love these pictures of Issac. He definitely got Mommy's hair and green eyes. We make beautiful babies!

No comments: