It wasn't exactly a real eventful day. Donavon worked and I did my Mom thing. We did have a neighborhood BBQ at the church park that night. Donavon thought I was crazy for wanting to go, but I really enjoy everyone in our neighborhood so why wouldn't I want to go? By the time he got home, if we packed up the kids to go to dinner it would be bed time by the time we got home and it just didn't seem relaxing at all!
Not to mention the day before I was... uhm... I was, super sick and spent the day in the bathroom, locked Issac outside to play with the neighbors, who thankfully watched over him and miraculously Katie slept until 12:15. Its times like those that make me wish the Army had sick days. I could have really really really used my hubby that day. So long story short, I really needed a "relaxing" day. I didn't want to be running around town.
After the BBQ we came home to my all time favorite birthday treat, grasshopper pie. That of course, I made myself. However no one really wanted any. I made Oreo layer desert for the BBQ and we ate that there, because you cant not eat it.
Donavon and Issac sang happy birthday to me and I think we all ate a teeny piece and called it good.
A day and a half later I was puking my guts out at 4AM. But hey, positive note I was feeling fabulous on my birthday. Could have been worse right? I was positive I picked up something from the hospital, we had been spending an awful lot of time there. Read more on that below...
{I just love Katie's face in this picture!}
{This is about how our "loves" go down. She just loves getting loves cant you tell?}
{Much better}
{The next morning I went in to her room to get her and this is what she had done. She's figured out the zippers on her jammies. Great.}
So like I said, I was pretty sure having spent so much time in the hospital I picked up something funky. Little did I know that my little bout of "the flu" was just the beginning! Starting about a week or 2 later I kept having this weird feeling in the throat, like by my glands on just the left side. It hurt like crazy when I'd turn my head certain ways, but by the touch nothing was abnormal. Not like a sore throat hurt, just like a massive golf ball is stuck in my neck. I thought maybe it was my reflux acting up?
Time went on, I thought well if it doesn't get better I'll see a Dr. Well it went away. But in fact my reflux did get worse, and I was out of meds for that and my gut issues. I was having this intense burning issue in my stomach and I was taking crazy amounts of acid reducers and antispasmodics. Nothing helped. I was starting to think I had an ulcer from all the stress.
During this time we did a little trip to Vegas for Donavon's work - and once again I got super sick. Nothing like feeling incredibly sick in a hotel in Vegas. This time I was convinced it was the nasty eggs and sausage I tried to choke down for breakfast.
After all this getting sick I had it, I went in. Turns out I had Strep G. Strep G? Huh? My thoughts exactly. Definitely had to have gotten that at the hospital because its pretty rare. Round of antibiotics and I feel "better". Still waiting to hear if I have to really go in to have that endoscopy done. I still get that burning feeling, just not as bad. Fun times.
I say "better" because I don't exactly feel great - but this is become my new normal. I feel like crap 90% of the time. My skin hurts, feels bruised and tender, I'm achey a lot, always tired, get headaches, which usually causes nausea. But every once and awhile I'll have a week where I feel better than ever and I'm super woman and my house is crazy clean and I can do anything! Then reality strikes again and we go down hill again. I'm not sure whats going on. Is it still the Epstein-Barr taking its toll on me? My thyroid tested normal last time. Who knows. Cheers to feeling like crap!
27 going on 80. Don't worry, Donavon we've got good life insurance.
I just sound like a ball of fun huh? Haha!
Ps - I no longer believe in birthday wishes. Mine didn't come true whatsoever. Not That I ever really had much faith in them but I was pretty desperate and needed it. Epic fail birthday wish, epic fail.
No comments:
Post a Comment