Saturday, September 8, 2012

Baby steps to the 4th of July

We're still chuggin' along, I've been meaning to stop by the blog and do some updates. I've gotten as far as uploading photos and editing most of them by now, but I usually don't have time to blog so I only upload them the Facebook. Sorry. Maybe if I take baby steps and do short little posts I can get through it all.

Not to mention, this blog kind of depresses me. I'm pretty sure Brenda was the only one who read it, so I kind of feel like why bother? Ok well changing the subject before I start cry... Oh too late.

July! I gave a big ol run down of everything that went down in July - but I'll break it down for you and add pictures. Sorry If I get all Debbie downer on you, I'll try not to.

I'm sorry if I start repeating myself but I simply cannot go back and re-read what I wrote on that whopper of a post I did last time. I'll get too depressed and then probably stop blogging. So lets just hit the reset button ok?
4th of July
 
For the 4th of July as I've mentioned previously {I think...} we went to Donavon's parents house to light off our fireworks. About 1 1/2 to maybe 2 weeks before the 4th there was a really big wildfire by our house that scorched 6,000 acres and came within 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile of our house. Our bags were packed and we were ready to evacuate. It was pretty scary, I wont lie. So needless to say, the city put the kibosh on anything that made a flame. We were pretty bummed about it, especially since we had planned on spending the 4th with neighbors and putting on a great show. Its ok though, everything worked out and I'm glad we were there for the 4th.
 
 
 
Donavon and his Dad watched the Real Salt Lake soccer game on TV, we had fried chicken for dinner and had a lady bug hunt in the backyard.
 
{Issac and Katie stealing Grandpa's drink. Whatever it was he had they loved it!}
 
 
For some reason the backyard at my inlaws has been infested with lady bugs this year. Katie absolutely loves it. She can always get Grandpa to take her outside, she is with no doubt a Grandpa's girl. I think he might be her favorite person to be honest.
 
{Katie loves lady bugs!}
 
{They where everywhere! I was laughing at them crawling in her hair!}
 
 
 
{Katie and Grandpa, her favorite person!}
 
After it got dark enough we started the show. Issac is a fireworks fanatic! He asks about them all year long, and whenever I go grocery shopping at Macey's he asks if we are going to buy fireworks. He's made the correlation that on the very few times I shop there a year, it seems as if they have fireworks!
 

{No one looking? Ok good..}

{So I smoke it right?}

{Whoa that's pretty cool brother!}





{She started way behind him and kept scooting closer when he would look away until she was right behind him ready to attack}
 
 
Donavon's Mom came out and sat and watched the fireworks for awhile, wish she had been feeling better so she could have stayed outside longer, but I'm just happy she got to see some of them.
 
This was the last time we got to spend time with her in the comforts of home. Ah here we go, Debbie downer again.
 
Blah seriously though. I look at these pictures and I can hear her laugh. She loved looking at the pictures I took of the kids and their antics. She loved this blog.
 
 

No comments: