Saturday, September 8, 2012

Ladies night

Ok so maybe it was more of a "No Daddies" night. Ladies night makes it sound like we went out solo and had a great time.

It seems like there is a theme on our street. The men tend to have to work night shifts or weekends. There was on particular weekend that they were all working and we ladies had nothing to do and rather than just hang out on the street while the kids played we thought maybe we should pack up sack dinner and go to the splash pad down the street. Much better idea.

So that we did. I had been complaining that I just needed to "just be" and have no obligations, things to do or places to be. I was sick of feeling like I was never home and here the summer was almost over and I felt like I hadn't hardly spent any time outside gossiping with the ladies.

The kids had a blast, as usual, but I think the fact that they weren't running up and down the street and where at the splash pad made it more "special". It doesn't take much to make a kids day.

After our little dinner at the pad we took the kids out for ice cream before we headed home. I think our 'No Daddies allowed' night was pretty fun!

{As you can tell Katie was all about the splash pad... I have such a hard time feeding her.}
 
 {She ate her dinner, the stole mine.}

{Annabella & Katie}

{Issac & Annabella}

{She got a little too cold in the heavy suit of hers!}

{Dinner break for Issac & Easton}

{Annabella, Addy & Victoria}


 {Bossy little thing!}


{Yoga in the park!}

{Drying off so we can go to the ice cream shoppe!}

No comments: