Saturday, September 8, 2012

Soccer!

Yup! Soccer season started! Issac was just old enough this year to start playing PeeWee Soccer. I wasn't really going to sign him up but a bunch of his friends were doing it so I thought eh why not?

Now that we are in the thick of it I'm not totally convinced I'll sign him up next year. I'll be honest, he did much better at Tball, and I enjoyed Tball much more. Soccer isn't as fun or exciting for him, or me. My ADD kicks in with Soccer! Maybe that's why my soccer career ended at about age 5! I also think that because he barely made the cut off, all the kids are older and therefor bigger than him and he doesn't really have the 'go get em' personality and he gets shoved around a lot.

He's having fun though, that's all that matters. He likes to poop out during the games and we have to encourage him to get back in the game. We've only had a few tears and no injuries. If we keep playing some of those beast teams though we just might!

Before we get to the pictures I just have to share this little tid bit, oh from the mouths of babes! One particular game they played had some pretty big kids on it. I swear they were 8 not 4! The team was quite aggressive and we saw a few slugs and shoves, and our team is pretty tough, but a few were in tears this game.

At the end of the game Issac comes walking off the field "They big piece of jerks! They piece of jerks!"

We couldn't help but roll on the floor in laughter. Good parenting right? But c'mon the kid was right! They were jerks! You don't play like that! To make up for our bad parenting we did tell him that, that is why you are nice when you play, its not nice to slug someone in the shoulder to get the ball and you don't shove people to the ground either. That makes up for it right?

Then again today at his game his buddy Easton kicked a goal... in the wrong net... haha! Issac was all cheering for him and yelling from the side, then Donavon said but he kicked it in the wrong net! That was the other teams! Issac goes 'he a piece of jerk!' haha! Then what did Issac do? Just about kicked it in the wrong net!

Issac is #16 - same as Tball!

{1st practice - the Coach's wife asked what the first rule of soccer was, how polite he raised his hand! His answer, 'kick the ball!'}

{Haha! I love this face!}



{Uhm whoa there! Lets keep our lips to ourselves there little boy!}



{1st game!}


{I don't know what he's doing but it looks funny!}

{Mid field chat with Easton, apparently its more important then the game!}

{Or you could have a seat... Guess he was tired!}

{Well we stop for chats so we may as well stop for impromptu hug sessions!}

No comments: