Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Coeur D'Alene and Washington

Well my last day of work was June 24th and I only made it a half day. It wasnt hard to leave at all - good riddens! It might have been hard to leave if everything was staying the same but w/ the new company coming in it just sounded like one disaster after another and a lot of unwanted stress for me. Not like I loved the job in the first place. After I pretended to work for half a day I came home and we packed up the truck and headed off to Coeur D'Alene/Washington. We drove part of the way and stopped in Montana to sleep then drove up to Coeur D'Alene and stayed there for a day w/ MSG Arnold and his family. We got there earlier in the day so we hung out at the house w/ his son Justin. He's a great kid, we're both really impressed with him. The other two were off hiding in their rooms. Once they got home from work we ate dinner and then him & his wife Christine took us for a 'Move to Coeur D'Alene' drive. We got to see some of the local lakes and its quite a beautiful area. If in 2 years the housing is affordable and Donavon could find a good job up there we'd do it. But we'll see. It's been added to the list of possibilities.

On Thursday early afternoon we headed out from their house and met up w/ my family at Lake Roosevelt for some camping! It was a lot of fun to go camping - it was our first time ever together and we got to try out some of our new camping things. I think Diesel had the most fun out of the 3 of us, he LOVED getting in the lake and would whine and cry if he had to be chained up and had any view of the lake. He was a pretty good dog for the trip. Eleasa got sunburnt on the first day trip up the lake. There wasnt much for shade seems how the ghetto shelter blew apart. For the duration of the trip she stayed in the shade - and it killed her. The weather was beautiful and it was so nice to take a "vacation" and spend some time w/ my family, and the Noyes's too, who are practically family (parent's next door neighbors).

We headed out on Sunday back to Seattle for a few days there. We didnt really do much in Seattle, just sort of lounge around. We did go down to the waterfront w/ Ryan, Stevie & Jack one day and ate at Dick's. It was soooo good. I'd been craving it my whole pregnancy for the most part. We went to the Pike Place Market, and down onto the Piers and played some arcade games and won Jack a cool bouncy ball and some GI Joes. We also met up w/ the youngin's down at Juanita beach one night for a BBQ which was fun to get to the lake and enjoy the evening down there.

On Wednesday night the Fuller side of the family threw a baby shower for me. It was so nice to see them, especially some of them that I hadnt seen in quite awhile. I've always loved getting together w/ the Fuller side. We got a lot of great things that we definitely needed for baby Issac! While the girls were at the baby shower the guys all went downtown to a Mariner's game, and they actually won!!

For the rest of the trip we just kind of took things slow and hit all the must haves for food. Kid Valley, La Palmera, Dick's, Ivar's, Starbucks, etc. I could go on about the trip but I wont. We had a lot of fun though and I LOVE Seattle in the summer. Best time of year there.


No comments: