Well, if you havent heard already Donavon & I are trying to get to the temple right after the baby is born, sometime mid October. Original plans were for BEFORE little Issac came but after some long hard thought I decided that it would be pretty lame to go to the temple a few weeks before our little bundle arrived and have family travel all the way down to Utah for the experience and not even get to see the baby! Or to expect them to turn around and come back a few weeks later, or what if he came early? It could definitely throw a few curve balls into the mix. Our Bishop agreed that maybe we should wait, especially since we now know Donavon's orders have been deferred from Oct 1st to Dec 1st, so we have some more time to work with.
So we were given the Ok to get a date set.... I've been trying to get one set for like 2 months now! It was hard to get a hold of the temple while working 11 hour days and having pregnant brains too. Whenever I would remember something prevents me from making a date. At first I called and they were closed. Called back the next day, phone lines were down. Called again, never could get through to the right person. Give it another shot, closed for maintenance. OK FINE, I'll try again when we get back from Seattle. I've been calling - the line is ALWAYS BUSY so they tell me just to call back or leave a message. I keep calling back hoping to get through, NOTHING. FINALLY I get the appointment desk!!! ABOUT TIME! 'Oh I'm sorry hun but our systems are currently down and they are working on it in Salt Lake, we are hoping they will be back up tomorrow, try then.' GOOD GRIEF!! Ok, so I call back, line is busy so I keep calling. STILL busy.... finally I decide ok, I'm just going to leave a message and they can call me back when its a good time for them. PFFF apparently no time is a good time! I havent heard back from them and it was last week! So today I think, OK I'm getting this date set whether they like it or not! Wait.... its Monday... they are closed..... GOSH!!
Seriously, does it have to be this difficult??? Our Bishop is amazed at how difficult its been for me to even get a human on the phone!!
On top of that, Church every week is becoming less and less fun for me. They have some serious AC problems in our building. It doesnt work for 1/2 the building, and for the other 1/2 they either dont use it because the old ladies complain they are too cold or it blows out room temperature air. Its pretty sad when the 100 degree warm breeze outside is more relaxing to you than inside!! Not to mention I've noticed people like to shut the doors to the Relief Society room, trapping in all the old lady perfumes (and no AC) so the room is really stale AND its usually jam packed with people. I start having panic attacks every Sunday. Not even joking. By the time Sunday School rolls around I'm about at my whits end, but I stick with it. At least that room is bigger, but again, no AC. Whenever I see someone get up to shut the doors I kinda freak out. I've been having to excuse myself every now and then throughout the class to walk around and get some air. Pretty pathetic. Its not like church has comfy chairs either so I constantly am wiggling around trying not to feel like I'm crushing my lungs to death or my poor baby. I get so hot and panicky and cant catch my breath, then I start feeling woozy and the throw up feeling. Its just SO much fun!!!! Makes Sundays that much more fun to look forward to!!
However, the thing I have learned the most from all of this - is how much the devil really loves me too. They can preach all they want about how Christ loves us so much, but dont forget someone else loves you just as much, in a sick and twisted kind of way of course. You'd think that it would be harder to be 'bad' than to be 'good' but its quite the opposite. So annoying....
Hopefully TOMORROW we will have a date set... I fully plan on annoying the Temple workers tomorrow until I am satisfied.
So we were given the Ok to get a date set.... I've been trying to get one set for like 2 months now! It was hard to get a hold of the temple while working 11 hour days and having pregnant brains too. Whenever I would remember something prevents me from making a date. At first I called and they were closed. Called back the next day, phone lines were down. Called again, never could get through to the right person. Give it another shot, closed for maintenance. OK FINE, I'll try again when we get back from Seattle. I've been calling - the line is ALWAYS BUSY so they tell me just to call back or leave a message. I keep calling back hoping to get through, NOTHING. FINALLY I get the appointment desk!!! ABOUT TIME! 'Oh I'm sorry hun but our systems are currently down and they are working on it in Salt Lake, we are hoping they will be back up tomorrow, try then.' GOOD GRIEF!! Ok, so I call back, line is busy so I keep calling. STILL busy.... finally I decide ok, I'm just going to leave a message and they can call me back when its a good time for them. PFFF apparently no time is a good time! I havent heard back from them and it was last week! So today I think, OK I'm getting this date set whether they like it or not! Wait.... its Monday... they are closed..... GOSH!!
Seriously, does it have to be this difficult??? Our Bishop is amazed at how difficult its been for me to even get a human on the phone!!
On top of that, Church every week is becoming less and less fun for me. They have some serious AC problems in our building. It doesnt work for 1/2 the building, and for the other 1/2 they either dont use it because the old ladies complain they are too cold or it blows out room temperature air. Its pretty sad when the 100 degree warm breeze outside is more relaxing to you than inside!! Not to mention I've noticed people like to shut the doors to the Relief Society room, trapping in all the old lady perfumes (and no AC) so the room is really stale AND its usually jam packed with people. I start having panic attacks every Sunday. Not even joking. By the time Sunday School rolls around I'm about at my whits end, but I stick with it. At least that room is bigger, but again, no AC. Whenever I see someone get up to shut the doors I kinda freak out. I've been having to excuse myself every now and then throughout the class to walk around and get some air. Pretty pathetic. Its not like church has comfy chairs either so I constantly am wiggling around trying not to feel like I'm crushing my lungs to death or my poor baby. I get so hot and panicky and cant catch my breath, then I start feeling woozy and the throw up feeling. Its just SO much fun!!!! Makes Sundays that much more fun to look forward to!!
However, the thing I have learned the most from all of this - is how much the devil really loves me too. They can preach all they want about how Christ loves us so much, but dont forget someone else loves you just as much, in a sick and twisted kind of way of course. You'd think that it would be harder to be 'bad' than to be 'good' but its quite the opposite. So annoying....
Hopefully TOMORROW we will have a date set... I fully plan on annoying the Temple workers tomorrow until I am satisfied.
(our original plan was to go to the Sandiego Temple because it is our favorite and have our families meet us there and maybe do some disneyland while we were there -- BUT when you are this pregnant or with a new child and the way the economy is, it just aint gonna happen.... so it will have to remain a dream)

2 comments:
Whatever! That's riduculous. I guess they need some more temple workers to work the phones! :) Keep tryin' and let us know as soon as you have a date so we can put it on the calendar. Did you hear about our latest and greatest stress?
P.S. What temple are you doing it at?
Post a Comment