.jpg)
July 27th we 'celebrated' our 1st Anniversary! We made it a year! And I'm 8 months pregnant.... For those of you that have suffered the agony of pregnancy I'm sure you understand 'celebrated'. Who freaking wants to do anything when they are 8 months pregnant?
Up until about 2 1/2 weeks ago everthing has been peachy for this pregnancy. I wanted to do something SPECIAL for our anniversary - go somewhere and do something. Wait... we're broke who am I trying to fool?
I found a good deal at the Marriott in SLC so we stayed there for two nights. Saturday after we checked in we went down to the Gateway - uhm MISTAKE. It was well over 100 degrees outside on Saturday and no wind. For those of you that have shopped at the Gateway, the idiots who designed it obviously werent shoppers because they didnt install a ROOF for SHADE! Novel idea I tell you. So we walked around a little bit and got some food, while in the meantime I've now lost 10lbs in just sweat. Mmmm, I bet I smelled lovely. On top of it I've had killer pain in my feet. I think its because of the extra weight its flattening out my arches, and the swelling isnt helping out either. So there I am sweating like a fat kid on the 4th of July and about to burst into tears because my feet hurt so bad and I cant walk. I did however make it back to the hotel.
Later that night we went to a Bee's game (baseball). We rode the Trax down there - and of course the train was packed so there I am standing hanging on to the rail while all the obese people sit down. After a few stops people got off and a mom made her 14 year old son sit on her lap so I could have a seat. I'm sure he was thrilled, I know I was! It was HOT at the game, but luckily the sun went down quickly. After the sun was gone I enjoyed it alot more. However we sat in the section that didnt seem to care that there was a game being played. They were too interested in eating so we had a steady stream of people walking up and down the stairs in front of us - and it just so happens every time there was a good play, they would stop and stand right in front of us. The guy behind us was getting pretty upset too. It was kinda funny. After the game they did fireworks but we decided to hop back on the train to the hotel. We had just missed it so we sat at the station and watched the fireworks and right as it was over the train pulled up - leaving behind the crowd :) Woohoo!! Perfect timing!
I have to say that the bed at the Marriott was amazing. The sheets are so smooth and cool and the pillows are worth stealing. I didnt, but I was awfully tempted to.
On Sunday we got up and ate some breakfast - at like 12.... I like to sleep in. Then we ventured around the Gateway again. HELLO, did you not get it the first time? Its HOT and you cant walk?! DUH. Idiot that I am decided maybe I should try to find some new shoes that will help my feet. All the shoes I liked were high heels, not going to help. All the shoes that would help, YUCK. Do I look like I'm 80? Ok, so maybe I do sometimes but no thanks... I'll pass on the old lady looking shoes. Donavon and I decided that nothing is going to help my feet, so I drug my body back to the hotel room.
So to sum it all up - It wasnt quite the 'getaway' we were hoping for. I would have liked to explore SLC a little more and have seen less of the hotel room; and I'm sure Donavon wasnt expecting so much whining and crying and foot massaging. But what do you expect at 8 months pregnant??? I should have known better but I didnt....
Oh well, we've made it a year and so far so good. We still love each other despite the lack of a romantic 1st anniverary.
Oh ya, Issac discovered his elbows this weekend. How could I have forgotten that, he's elbowing me as I type. It HURTS!!! Up and down my left side. Oh and everything looked good at the Doctors appt on Friday - I go again on the 8th.
Up until about 2 1/2 weeks ago everthing has been peachy for this pregnancy. I wanted to do something SPECIAL for our anniversary - go somewhere and do something. Wait... we're broke who am I trying to fool?
I found a good deal at the Marriott in SLC so we stayed there for two nights. Saturday after we checked in we went down to the Gateway - uhm MISTAKE. It was well over 100 degrees outside on Saturday and no wind. For those of you that have shopped at the Gateway, the idiots who designed it obviously werent shoppers because they didnt install a ROOF for SHADE! Novel idea I tell you. So we walked around a little bit and got some food, while in the meantime I've now lost 10lbs in just sweat. Mmmm, I bet I smelled lovely. On top of it I've had killer pain in my feet. I think its because of the extra weight its flattening out my arches, and the swelling isnt helping out either. So there I am sweating like a fat kid on the 4th of July and about to burst into tears because my feet hurt so bad and I cant walk. I did however make it back to the hotel.
Later that night we went to a Bee's game (baseball). We rode the Trax down there - and of course the train was packed so there I am standing hanging on to the rail while all the obese people sit down. After a few stops people got off and a mom made her 14 year old son sit on her lap so I could have a seat. I'm sure he was thrilled, I know I was! It was HOT at the game, but luckily the sun went down quickly. After the sun was gone I enjoyed it alot more. However we sat in the section that didnt seem to care that there was a game being played. They were too interested in eating so we had a steady stream of people walking up and down the stairs in front of us - and it just so happens every time there was a good play, they would stop and stand right in front of us. The guy behind us was getting pretty upset too. It was kinda funny. After the game they did fireworks but we decided to hop back on the train to the hotel. We had just missed it so we sat at the station and watched the fireworks and right as it was over the train pulled up - leaving behind the crowd :) Woohoo!! Perfect timing!
I have to say that the bed at the Marriott was amazing. The sheets are so smooth and cool and the pillows are worth stealing. I didnt, but I was awfully tempted to.
On Sunday we got up and ate some breakfast - at like 12.... I like to sleep in. Then we ventured around the Gateway again. HELLO, did you not get it the first time? Its HOT and you cant walk?! DUH. Idiot that I am decided maybe I should try to find some new shoes that will help my feet. All the shoes I liked were high heels, not going to help. All the shoes that would help, YUCK. Do I look like I'm 80? Ok, so maybe I do sometimes but no thanks... I'll pass on the old lady looking shoes. Donavon and I decided that nothing is going to help my feet, so I drug my body back to the hotel room.
So to sum it all up - It wasnt quite the 'getaway' we were hoping for. I would have liked to explore SLC a little more and have seen less of the hotel room; and I'm sure Donavon wasnt expecting so much whining and crying and foot massaging. But what do you expect at 8 months pregnant??? I should have known better but I didnt....
Oh well, we've made it a year and so far so good. We still love each other despite the lack of a romantic 1st anniverary.
Oh ya, Issac discovered his elbows this weekend. How could I have forgotten that, he's elbowing me as I type. It HURTS!!! Up and down my left side. Oh and everything looked good at the Doctors appt on Friday - I go again on the 8th.
2 comments:
ha ha ha. did you at least get some cute baby things at Gateway?
LOL NO because we are so broke since i got laid off in june. and i'm waiting until after my shower on the 8th
Post a Comment