This week felt like the longest week of my life. I'm not really sure why though, Donavon has been gone during the week at Dugway and only home on weekends so I'm pretty used to being a single parent during the week. Maybe it was the fact that he wasnt coming home finally set in? It just seemed to drag on, and I kept myself pretty busy.
This week we had swim lessons on Tuesday & Thursday. Issac did the cutest thing on Tuesday. He was sitting up on the ledge and I was waiting for him to jump in on his own and he turned around as if about to crawl away and instead backed up on into the pool and plopped on it; however he hung onto the ledge and just chilled there hanging on. I got a total kick out of it! It was right then that I realized he was loving swim lessons as much as I did as a kid. I was never fond of it and I'd rather sit on the ledge and kick my legs. I wish I had a video of it! Priceless!
Tuesday after swim I conquered mowing my first lawn. YES, my FIRST lawn. As a kid I guess I was blessed with a father who wanted it done the right way, the first time so I never was awarded such an opportunity. My brother and sister however got to, but I dont think my dad was ever 100% satisfied and either re-did it later, or suffered all week. My parents have a lovely yard, and if you saw it, you'd understand why. SO... onward with the story.
I asked Donavon to show me how to use the lawn care tools before he left... and he never did. Sooo.... via cell phone I'm in the garage starring like a deer in the headlights at the mower while he tried to explain how to use it. I figured since Issac was down for a nap, I'd hurry and get it all done. I got about 90% of the backyard done and I had to empty the clippings and then I 'primed' it to get it going again (failure to mention you only have to prime it the FIRST time you start it that day, not every time you want to start it). Well.... you guessed it, it wouldnt start. I kept hitting that button because Donavon wouldnt answer his phone and finally I gave up and called my dad at work.
I think my dad was confused as to who just called him. The mower? The lawn mower??? Yes Dad, the LAWN MOWER. hehehehe. After flooding the lawn mower I now had to wait it out for awhile. In the meantime, Issac was still napping and so I mopped the floors. About an hour later... (Issac now awake and sitting in the stroller watching me) I called Donavon and it STILL wasnt working, he had me look under it and sure enough, a big huge clump of baby grass and dirt was lodged on the blade. Ughh. Seriously? Within 10 minutes I had the rest of the backyard and front done! AND... edged. (oh and the edger stringy thing broke, and I even fixed it! All by meself! No phone calls!)
By the end of it I was wiped out (and my back and shoulders hurt for the next two days). Mowing the backyard was a challenge, nots not the most level of terrian and there are lots of pot holes in the grass and the wheels kept getting stuck. The front was a piece of cake though.
I still dont see how people can enjoy it.... it totally ruined my pretty tennis shoes! ugh. And not to mention I totally reaked like exhaust and grass clippings. Ew. Worst smell on Earth.
Later that night my Dad called back to see if I ever finished and he said he told my Mom I called him today asking about the lawn mower because I was mowing the lawn and her reaction 'the laaawwwnn mower?? Eleasa?' So there we have it. 24 years old and mowed my FIRST lawn. I think just about everyone who really knows me just about dropped dead in their graves.
Nothing else too exciting happened this week. Same 'ol stuff.
I did happen to read not one, but two books this week. I'm a sap for love stories so obviously I'm a fan of Nicholas Sparks. Ever seen the movies 'The Notebook' or 'A Walk to Remember?' yeah he wrote those books and he's got a bunch more just like them. I have to say, I read the 300 something page one in 2 days, and I finished it last night and bawled my eyes out. I wont ruin it for anyone but I hated the ending. I hate when books end like that. If anyone has good love story books suggest away! I'm not talking the trashy romance novel that is a porno without pictures.... just a nice love story.
Also Issac wont each much. I took him to the doctor and he's gained a whole whopping 7 ounces since his 9 month check. Especially this week, all he will eat is strawberries and animal crackers; with the occasional bite of something else. But dont expect more than a BITE. Any suggestions on how to get him to eat? Send them my way! Anything that goes in, comes right back out.
Donavon arrived to South Carolina fine. He stopped to see Tommy for a few days in Virginia, and even stopped at Fort Campbell, KY to see some of his Iraq buddies. Unfortunately his Unit had been called out onto a field training assignment so he only got to see a few of them. Tomorrow clases officially start.
We've been using Skype and Issac sure loves it. Donavon finally got a webcam this morning so now we can see him too, not just hear him. Issac thought it was pretty neat to hear him on the computer but now that he can see him, wow! I must say, its nice to be able to see him and it makes things easier. I dont know why, but it just does. As I'm sure that it makes things easier for Donavon to see his babies (Issac, Diesel and me).
Here is Issac 'skyping' with Daddy
Well I best be going and put Issac down for a nap so I can get ready for church. Yet another struggle... right smack in the middle of nap time and since I've sleep trained him he will not fall asleep unless he's laying in his bed alone. So do you think he's going to snuggle up to me in the THREE hours of church? Nope, he'd rather scream and wither in pain on the floor. Meaning, I sit in the hall while he freaks out, so what is the point? I'll admit We've been leaving after Sacrament lately. Today we'll see if he'll stick it out a bit longer. Hopeful aint I?
No comments:
Post a Comment