Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'll never get caught up

Here is a re-cap of July.


There was a family reunion. The Sunday following there was a tour of the conference center after "The Spoken Word" and then brunch at the Grand America Hotel. Here is a family picture of us on top of the Conference Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.

We went down to Mona, where Donavon's Grandparents live. They have a July 24th celebration every year and a lot of his family goes for it. For those of you who aren't from Utah, July 24th is a big holiday celebrating Pioneers. Bigger than the 4th of July I think.

So anyways, they had a Wild West Baby Contest. I entered Issac and he took 3rd Place!! Donavon's cousins' boy, Kingston took 2nd. I looked all over the valley for "western" apparel for Issac and couldnt find anything so I'm sure he would have taken 1st if I was more creative. Issac won a trophy, a little cowboy boot. So there we have it, he's cute and he's even got a trophy to prove it!

We also started our Mommy & Me swim classes. I wanted to do something to keep me busy and have fun with Issac while Donavon was gone. Classes started the week before he left so he tagged along to one of our classes and took some bad pictures. We are doing the classes with one of my old roommates Mandy, and her little one Bella. Issac loves to play in the water, but isnt too fond of the instruction part, nor plunging in all the way under. Just so happens our teacher used to play baseball with Donavon, work with him when Donavon ran the Salt Lake County pools and they were in Iraq at the same time too. Small world. Never would have known it if he hadn't come to class with us! We are loving swim lessons. I will be really sad when they are over.


How cute is this? We love sneaking in on him sleeping. He has the best positions!

Taken August 4th - Playing with the Doggie Door.

New things for Issac would be....
  • Climbing the stairs, or attempting to climb anything.
  • Two bottom teeth showed up in June, and the two top teeth are slowly breaking through.
  • He likes to give kisses. Well.... when he feels like it anyways. Although I ask that not everyone do this simply for the fact that he opens his mouth and sucks on your lips and I just dont want him sucking on your face. I dont care who you are. Mommy & Daddy only. Thats why we havent really mentioned it to anyone.
  • He likes to give "high fives". Ask him for one and he'll give you one.
  • Standing up in the bath tub and then "plopping" back down is hilarious. Especially when Mom gets mad and says "NO".
  • Throwing food on the floor for the dog is a lot of fun, as well as sharing it with Mom. He thinks its pretty funny when I pretend to eat his food, so funny that he now offers me bites. Even pre-chewed bites. Yummy.
  • He now says 'mum-mum'. FINALLY. Although I've noticed that 'Da-Da' is more upbeat and exciting and full of energry and 'mum-mum' is more of a low, sad & whiney tone. He also says 'nay-nay'. However he only says it when he wants a 'ba-ba' and a blankie and a binky and to go 'nay-nay'. And there is a mixture of 'nay-nay' and 'num-num' when he's hungry.
  • He also follows you around like a dog when you have food. I think Diesel is getting the shaft, he begs too, but he doesnt ever get anything!
  • His favorite place to be is over by the sliding glass door and under the kitchen table. Must be a fun place?
  • No walking yet, at least on his own. He still walks around furniture, but crawling is his choice of transportation. He can now stand up, not holding onto anything for a good 30-40 seconds.
  • And last but not least.... Diaper changes are a pain in the you know what!!! I've succombed to giving him 'naughty' things to keep him occupied long enough for me to wipe and put on a new diaper. Anything thats NOT a toy usually works, however don't think you can use it more than once. I usually grab the closest non toy item on my way.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Recognize the plaid shirt! :) Sleeping babies are the best, and thank you for reminding me of the diaper wrestling matches, no fun when they're poopy! I forgot about those...I'll have that to look forward to again, although I think boys are worse than girls in that regard.