Thursday, March 27, 2008

A change of pace

So today is Thursday and usually Eleasa works all day (640am to 540pm) but today was MSG Arnold's retirement ceremony and luncheon. I figured he's done so much for us and has become such a good friend that I didnt want to dine and dash so I took the rest of the day off after lunch. The ceremony was quite nice and it was pretty sad to see him go. I know Donavon will miss him A LOT! (This is the guy that he'd go hunting with and I joke that he is D's gf). We'll be going up to Coeur d'Alene to see him over memorial day and for his 'real' retirement party. After that shindig we came home and we hurried and planted our bulbs in the front yard. NO DEER! That means I can plant bulbs and other flowers! HORRAY! Donavon dug the holes and I plopped them in. It was FREEZING outside.




A new soldier arrived the other week while D was away at training and I guess D is his sponsor and is 'in charge' of him. He is actually a really nice kid and is really interested in exceling so D has been helping him out and will be helping him get ready for a promotion and many other things. He just came from upstate NY and has a wife and 2 little girls (and a golden retriever Boomer). His wife is also preggers, she is due 10 days after me. He invited us down to do a play date in the park with the dogs and to meet his wife. REALLY nice people. Hopefully these guys will be pretty normal - and not 'dugway normal' the folk out here are special..... They live at the end of our street. He's also interested in hunting and would love to tag along with D this year - as long as he isnt alone i dont care who goes! Diesel and Boomer had a fun time in the park playng fetch. Boomer isnt nuetered though and he kept peeing on everything!! Yuck! Their little girls were adorable 2 and 13 months I think? Anyways, it was kinda nice to do something out of the ordinary for once. Our life out here gets a little boring and there is a lack of excitement (it was nice to sit and chat with a few of the other wives after the retirement ceremony too). Hopefully now that its spring and activities are starting up again things wont be so blah! School sports will be starting and volleyball will be starting next week too! Last season the military was undefeated and won the championship! Its always nice to get out and see people - now that everyone is coming out of hibernation!




Anyways.... After the luncheon I made D take a picture of this ever so growing belly of mine. I tell ya between the stretching of the gizzards and the back aches and the headaches.... bleh. no thanks! I constantly have these stretching and pulling pains right under my ribs only on the right side too! And I did something to my back and tweaked it so my sciatica is acting up again! No headaches for the last few days though!!! WOOHOO!! (Last week I had a headache every day, sometimes turned migraines Sunday - Monday... 8 days straight)

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Beautiful expectanct mother!!