Saturday, March 29, 2008

I officially HATE shopping

*Sigh* Normally I enjoy shopping for new clothes. Unfortunately I've had to start shopping for maternity clothes since I've gained weight and increased in size. I was all excited to get into maternity clothes until my first trip the other weekend, and this weekend. IMPOSSIBLE to find maternity clothes that fit me!!!

According to size charts, since I am 5'4" I fall into the "petite" category. HAHA - right. So I tried on a pair of "petite" jeans this weekend and I was confused, are they the style that hits you above the ankle 'cropped jeans' or are my legs too long??? I walked out of the dressing room and asked the lady, 'are these supposed to be capris?' and she said 'nope just regular jeans'. Right ok.... so for being so short, I unfortunately have long legs so I dont fit into the 'regular' or 'petite' category. All regular maternity pants I tried on were the usual 3-6" too long AND extremely baggy through the legs ANND I needed to gain another 35lbs in just my butt alone. RIGHT so I gave up on finding pants and I am just going to freeze to death and wear shorts or capris until this baby comes out. Then I'm going to the gym to fit into clothes I CAN wear! I've never been SOOO frustrated!!! I went to Motherhood Maternity(disaster of a store), JC Penny (all they had was plus size maternity aka tents) Mervyns (doesnt carry maternity) Dillards (dont carry it either) Macy's (had really cute EXPENSIVE maternity), TJ Maxx (no maternity) Ross (slim pickings) and then I gave up.

Also I'm finding maternity clothes dont come in XS... just S, M, L, XL - then petite sizes (but im not petite but im not big enough for a S either... RAWR!

I found some really cute things at Macy's but they sell for Mimi Maternity which is $$$$, I grabbed a arm full of jeans and alot of them were $98 and over!!! My normal jeans are rarely over $50! This really cute shirt I tried on, $40!!!! FOR A T-SHIRT!!! So just because I'm fat and pregnant all the sudden you can rob me of every paycheck I've ever gotten???!! Well EXCUSE ME but I have a BABY on the way and if you are new to this world, BABIES=MONEY, LOTS OF MONEY!!!! UGH I was soooo mad!!! I mean seriously!! Why is maternity SO MUCH MORE expensive?? STUPID. I'm mad and wish I could boycott maternity clothes, but unfortunately rubberbanding my pants (which only causes your fly to unzip all on its lonesome) just doesnt work for me anymore.

Needless to say $300 later I got 2 pairs of denim capris, 1 tank top, and 4 t-shirts. I could have bought a whole new wardrobe at Aeropostale for that price. BAHUMBUG! I still have alot more shopping to do too.... *cries*

oh ps - i HATE full panel and mid belly pants! YUCK! Who wants a big crease across their stomach, or to have their entire stomach covered in spadex in 100 degree weather?? YUCK!

4 comments:

Alia Calano said...

man....i dont want to even think about shopping when Im prego..if that ever happens. BUTT.......I saw at target today that they have really cute maternity clothes. have you looked there??? not expensive either!

Momma Strain said...

i've been to 3 targets. the first 2had nothing but 300lb lady maternity which i could use for a tent for a family of 10 and the last one i went to had 3 little racks and it was the usual target 'crap' that isnt worth a penny and has probably been there since the beginning of time.

Danielle said...

Ha ha ha...I don't envy you.

Katrina said...

Well, I was going to suggest Target too. Maybe you should just try regular pants that have an elastic waist. I know Target has some cargo-type pants that have a wide-band elastic waist, but they're not necessarily maternity. Well, in another month or so you'll be able to just wear shorts and capris. Actually, by the time August rolls around, and it's freakin' hot down there you won't want to be wearing anything! That would be cheap...just walk around your house naked all day. :)

I personally like the full panel, because my pants stay up. I can't wear the "low-rise" when I'm prego, because my pants seriously fall down every move I make. I remember when I was prego with AE, Austin was always saying, "Mommy, your pants are falling down."

P.S. Have you tried H&M?