Saturday, March 15, 2008

Wallowing at home all alone


So at times of course you want to strangle your spouse. Especially with all those pregnancy hormones taking over your body. Eleasa would really like to relate it to being a teenager again. Why you might ask; well let me tell you....

1. ZITS!! eww pizza face!! I've never had much of a problem with the things and have always been told I had beautiful skin - ya well, THEN not so much now. I counted over 8 at one time on my face!! those hormones are taking over! AND not to mention I had to give up my face wash and my after wash zit creme because of the dangerous ingredients that can potentially cause birth defects!

2. Its like PMS 24/7 and we arent talking mild PMS, we are talking full blown, get away from me or I'll throw this kitchen knife at you PMS. I'll be the first to admit I was no walk in the park as a teenager and was quite the wicked witch...

But this is all besides the point... I'm sure Donavon is enjoying his time away playing in the dirt and being an Army boy again - AND his freedom from his hormonal, blood hound sniffing, needy and emotional wife. Donavon is away doing some warrior training and has been gone for a week now, and still has over a week to go. Then he will come home for a few days then leave AGAIN for a long weekend to do the Bataan Memorial Death March at White sands. I am here to tell you that last week was soooo long and agonizing! WHAT? I have to cook my own dinner? WHAT I have to get up early to feed the dog before work? WHAT I have to do my dishes too?! WHAT I have to fold my laundry? Those were the many comments running through Eleasa's head the first few days apart. Boy let me tell you - a few days away from your spouse will have you singing a different tune. As much as I've dreaded this time away and hated the course of time, it really has given me a whole new love for what my husband does for me on a daily basis. He spoils me rotten and takes VERY good care of me. I think that though I could have strangled him at times before he left - this time away, although TOO long has been great for us. Especially as newlyweds, its quite hard to adjust to living with the opposite sex. I am 110% ready for him to come home! I need my best friend/cook/maid/massuse/dog de-energizer/honey-do this'er back! (just joking about those titles, kind of... he's really good at all those things though!)

Soon though, he will be back and everything will be back to normal. Just the way I like it. Oh and I'm sure those hormones will kick right back in after a few days too :) *sigh* another week... in the mean time me, diesel and this soon to be baby are keeping each other company, or just driving each other nuts.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

That's a good comparison - the teenage years and pregnancy! You crack me up.