Sunday, March 16, 2008
I spoke too soon...
As I was writing the last post I was going to put in there Donavon is also an excellent pooper scooper too. I'm not too fond of doing it, ESPECIALLY since I've now got the nose of a bloodhound. I can hardly stand to go in the backyard. Well, Diesel has lived up to his name that we thought was so cute "Diesel the Destroyer". Little did we know that when we named him that, he would be a destroyer. Since Donavon has left for camp Diesel has made me sprout a few grey hairs. He has managed to rip the base molding off of the wall in the laundry room while I was at work one day. He has chewed through our camping box (one of those big solid gorilla brand boxes). He has chewed a gardening glove. He managed to rip a ball into shred in the amount of time it took me to eat a baked potato (less than 5 minutes). He has managed to destroy another chew toy (this is his 2nd of that same toy, the first it took him WEEKS to destroy it) this time, id say an evening. He chewed the ends off then pulled all the discs off. He has also managed to eat his Nyla Bone, now those are supposed to last MONTHS, it did until this week.... and last but not least... The lady at the kennel told me to get a REAL bone from the store. Well I sat in Petsmart sniffing bones... people probably thought, is that lady really sniffing those dog bones?? Ok, let me explain... the pork ones that have been marinated in smoke or bbq or whatever, once he starts chewing it - I get the heaves from the smell. So I sniffed them to make sure they were scent free. I got a pork bone filled with jerky and a cow bone. I gave him the pork bone after his bath last night (now thats a whole nother story...) I called Donavon to let him know he just might not have a dog when he gets home at 5:47PM by the time he called back at 6:21 the pork bone was 95% gone. OK NOW I THOUGHT THESE WERE SUPPOSED TO LAST?!?!?! he is a man eater!!!! he completely shattered the thing with his teeth and got the jerky out and then ate the rest... As Donavon and I were talking I was like hmm I sure hope it doesnt make him sick eating all that so fast. The evening goes on and then its time for bed - I'm getting his bed ready and I walk back into the family room to THE BIGGEST pile of dog barf, and naturally he's eating it again. Why not? Dinner TWICE. I was like oooh boy, ok its ok... I put him away and then grabbed the rubber gloves, garbage can, paper plate to scoop, and paper towels. I pulled the garbage can EXTRA close in case I lost it too.... OOOOHH boy.... I gagged and gagged and then OHH NOO here it comes!! Luckily I barely managed to keep it down. Ugh.... It really made me question my parenting abilities. How am I supposed to change a nasty diaper or clean up puke?? I'm really starting to question whether I'm ready for this or not.. but ready or not, here it comes! Maybe Diesel was given to me for a reason... I just hope and pray that God isn't trying to prepare me for destroyer & overly hyperactive children....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
After getting that hellian of a dog, hopefully you'll get an easy newborn that just sleeps and smiles....you think? At least it'll be a while before the child starts chewing apart the house.
Post a Comment